Sunday, April 4

Autox time

So John came over Saturday to tune/ burn chips for the new Volvo MAF conversion for the turbo m20. He has already come by once, on Friday to tune, but we wasted a lot of time chasing some connectivity issues between the Chip burner and the Laptop. I was planning to test it out at the April 4 autox. He must have burned the chip and installed it in the car a total of over 50 times in the past 2 days!... talk about being persistent, this guy never quits.


While John was burning/testing the chip, I ran to a friend's shop to mount and balance some old tires on the 15 x 10 race wheels. We are currently running 275/35-15 Hoosier A-6's, and we finally reached the belts on the front two at our last event at Homestead. I have a set of R-6's(leftover from the 2008 challenge) but they are only 225/45-15. Paul, tried to mount them on the 10" wide wheels, but they were too old, and wouldn't stretch the full width of the wheel, so he ended up mounting them on my old Sportmax 15x8.

I ended up competing on the15x8 with 225/45-15 in the front and the 275/35-15 mounted on the 15x10s in the rear. I really thought I was going to have a lot of problems with under-steer, but the car felt very neutral. throughout the event. I did have some issues with the MAF conversion and ended up switching back to my  535 AFM/ Ebay chip combo. I forgot my camera, but managed a couple pics with my iphone



I borrowed a friend's digi camera and mounted it ont the windsheild, so I should have some vids of my runs by mid week, but for the time being, you'll just have to settle for some fun videos Jimmy and I took after the last event. Enjoy ;)



No comments: