Sunday, March 28

Widebody Take 2 part 2

Once the passenger's side was completely finished, I took measurements and mocked up the driver's side to within 1 mm of the same measurements.




there will be about 3" of clearance on each side over the stock fenders.It will be the same clearance as what we had on the original widebody kit.


This was my Saturday morning work space for my welding and grinding. I used a cutting wheel for all major cuts, and a dremel for any precision cuts, or hard to reach areas.


Unfortunately as I layed up the donor fender, it wasn't flexing like the other side, and I noticed it had some shoddy bondo work that will need to be repaired.


Once I got the fenders completely installed, I was ready for the top panel. I made a simple cutout from some poster board i had laying in the shop.


It looks too flat.


After some more cutting, I came up with a version that is a bit more rounded.


I still don't think i'm there yet. This has a bit too much arch in it.


Tomorrow we have planned another work day, and I'll cut a new template that will follow the body upper lines a bit better...


To be continued...

No comments: