Sunday, August 1

Finishing the front fenders

This past Wednesday Jay and I were back at it.


While I was working on mounting the rear bumper (more on that next week), he took care of the lower rusty portions of the front fenders. The first step was to cut the rusty bottoms out.


After making some templates out of cardboard, we traced them on a scrap body panel, Jay grabbed the cutting wheel and went at them.




Once the cutting was done, he sanded the paint off and prepped the fenders for welding. I threw them on my welding table and spot welded everything together.


I threw the finished driver's side fender on the car.


It still needs to be bolted in, but this is the general idea of how it will look.


Using the second piece Jay made, I was able to reproduce the same look on the passenger's side.

No comments: