Friday, July 16

Widebody metal work almost finished

I know its been a while since we've posted any progress, but it just seems like every pic I take of the car looks the same. Its hard to see progress when all you see are welds all the way down the a bunch of seams. but, I can say that this post contains some light at the end of the tunnel for those of you following the wide-body progress.

One of our newest team members, Tony came by two weeks ago to lend a much needed helping hand on our front fenders. He went at it with a grinding wheel and some bondo.


After a couple hours, he had sanded and filed the fender into what you see below. I cant wait for him to come back.



This past Wednesday both Jimmy and another new member, Jay came by to help again. They were working on some "very top secret" upgrades to the car. I can't show you any pics yet... but its good!
While they did their thing, I was able to start the final top section of the driver's side rear fender.




Again, i used some old scrap metal cut off of our old parts car.


It took a good 4 hours but I was able to finish it.


Next week we tackle the passenger's side.

No comments: