Saturday, January 23

Rebuilding suspension & motor mounts



I took out both motor mounts, and they had both sheared completely. I was planning on replacing them with hockey puck s, but i dont think the hockey pucks will be thick enough. Plus hockey pucks are $8 at Sports authority, and I need 4, 2 for engine and 2 for the trans. If anyone has some old pucks they'd like to get rid of, please let me know.





While I was at it yesterday, I decided to go ahead and redo the front suspension. I was never very happy with how it turned out. The top screw of the bilstein doesn't reach the strut housing and wont hold it in securely. I kept the front suspension from the parts car, and i'll be using it to cut and weld the new strut housing.





Today should be a busy day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering why you didn't do hockey pucks.

A friend pointed me to the Ice Rink, they have pucks for $2 apiece. Sadly the store was closed the time I stopped by. They had a vending machine but I was out of cash.

This was the Skatetown Ice Arena in Roseville (Sacramento) CA.

Any reason not to do Hockey mounts? I am guessing you just used bolts straight to the frame tabs?